Key to Success #1: Create content for Multiple Audiences
Most times, our products and services target more than just one person, so should our content. In iQ, we’re constantly spreading the word about our products to an array of strategist, IT directors, brand managers and similar positions across the industry. Each has their own responsibilities, their own challenges and require different types of information about how our solution can solve their challenges.
Key to Success #2: Create Content for Different Stages of the Sales Cycle
Early stage leads:They need content that educates them about their challenges.
- blog posts
- white papers
- case studies
Mid-Stage leads: They need proof of your ROI so they can build a business case for your product or service.
- Case studies
- data sheets
Late-stage leads: They need to see how you stack up against your competitors and have any doubts addressed.
- comparison sheets
- customize content
Key to Success #3: Discover the story
Discovering the story has two parts: our customers story + our own story. When integrated together, we’ve found the sweet spot of content marketing that shares influence from both our customer’s and from our own organization.
Discover the customer’s story
How can we get to know our customers and discover their stories?
- Subscribe to the magazines and blogs that your clients read
- Set up a Google alert for your customer and their industry
- Attend a trade show/conference with the customer
- Join similar Linkedin and Facebook groups
- Monitor customer website analytics to determine their most valuable content
Discover our own story
- Utilize un-solicited testimonials from customers
- Leverage social conversations your brand is having online
- Reach out to teams across the organization for ideas on what makes them unique