A Challenge to You: Review the 5 principles below and then share additional principles you feel are important and we’ll take the top 10 and create the 10 Commandments of the Real-Time CMO and send it to everyone who contributes. You up for it? Join us! :)
About the speaker:
John Harrobin is the VP of marketing communication at Verizon Wireless. John leads a team of more than 160 staff and multiple agencies responsible for all national advertising, brand management, media planning, merchandising, sponsorships, and go-to-market functions at Verizon. He’s also responsible for managing Verizon’s media and production budget of over $1.5B.
Today, the best marketers possess the ability and willingness to mine data and use that in their decision-making and marketing spend. Digital has made this more sophisticated than ever. As VP of marketing with one of the world’s largest communications brands, John has 5 key principles that all marketers should abide by today.
1) Don’t just create new messages, create new tools.
2) Structure media against people, not content.
3) Look for insights from the edges.
4) Data Management Platforms and algorithms only work when people know how to use them effectively.
5) If you think you’re done, then you really are done.