This panel led by Deborah Dick-Rath, principal of Epic Proportions, and includes three analytics super stars:
- Dave Nussbaum, SVP, ImpactRx
- Haren Ghosh, Chief Analytics Officer, Symphony Advanced Media
- Dan Stein, VP, Analytics Services & Product Strategy, Crossix
Some of our favorite insights from the panel:
- We’ve been good at developing proxy metrics to try to infer value – like surveys of intent. The challenge has been showing real impact and optimizing in real time. We’ve wanted to connect Awareness, Engagement, and Sales data… now we can.
- This is in an environment where literally 99% of your exposed audience is not clicking on ads. What value is that 99% still getting from the exposure? Crossix is creating ways to track that exposure (not a click) to sales. They integrate Acxiom consumer data with Rx data to track sales from exposure.
- There’s a big difference between ROI in a single channel and overall effectiveness. Overall effectiveness requires comparative campaigns and integrated impact.
- Most of us have our personal information collected at every interaction with the health care system. That information can be rolled up to the doctor – showing the impact of each prescriber on population behavior.
- The audience challenge: If we have all this cross-industry data, why don’t we know the benchmarks by channel? Can we publish that data? The panel says the variables – from audience to message to disease state – are too great to allow easy comparison.
- The new standard in defining reach will be data tracked across screens. Haren says we’ll see real innovation around that within the year.
- As we’re able to better integrate data, we’ll be able to see real patient pathing, too. Actionable research that will show where the real barriers are in the patient journey.